Building a 21st Century Economy: Del Norte California Economic Summit


DelNorteSummit 2012The Crescent City-Del Norte County Chamber of Commerce hosted it annual economic conference event on Aril 12th, 2012.  Charter Communications invited Data Center West to particpate in the dialog, where Bill Refore (Economic Director) annouced the construction of the self healing fiber ring is likely to be completed this year.  The project cost is anticipated to be $925,678, with 85 percent of the funding coming from the federal government and the remaining 15 percent to come from the network operations.  The self healing ring would complete a broadband route from the California coast through Grants Pass, resulting in uninterrupted internet connectivity known as route redundancy. With increased internet stability in the region, government and private sector IT managers expressed a growing interest in Computer Cloud Computing services. 

The potential for improved healthcare, improved education through distance learning and countless other benefits will be a result of this route redundancy.  A good example would be better access to the Oregon Health Network (OHN) which was created in 2007, to expand telehealth networks throughout Oregon.  Charter completed  route reduntancy in January of this year to Data Center West is where the Southern Oregon Peering Exchange ( resides, which is a key part of the Oregon Health Network.

Photo by: Daily Triplicate